The doctors and pharmacist on rounds just stopped by to see Heather. They reiterated the fact that this will be a slow recovery.....talking in weeks instead of days. When Heather stands for more than a minute or two she gets nauseated. She has been told to take things slowly. Their best estimate for Heather's discharge from the hospital is about 3 more days.
Today or tomorrow Heather will have more tests to check for some disorders that may have put her at risk for dissection. One test will look at her heart through an echocardiogram.
Some of Heather's friends brought her a very nice robe yesterday. It is extremely soft and comfortable. She also was given more cookies and flowers yesterday. All of this pampering is great! We had lots of visitors yesterday, which was very enjoyable.
Heather slept very well last night. She had a talk with each member of the nursing staff last night before she went to bed and warned them not to turn on the lights when they come in the room in the middle of the night. Only Heather can make such a request in a hospital and still have the staff smiling and laughing.
Jessica is going to stay with Heather tonight. Heather isn't ready for her to leave, but Jessica needs to get back to Georgia to be with her 5 young children. She will be flying out Wednesday morning. Heather's mother, Judith, is planning on flying here on September 14th and will spend a couple of weeks with us. This should allow me to get back to work. I am so grateful to my employer for being so understanding throughout this and giving me all of this time off.
Heather can't wait to hear the comments left on this site. She feels so loved and touched by the kind words and prayers. Thank you all everything that you have and will do to help us!


9 comments:
Heather you are a very special and beautiful person. You have a way of making people feel comfortable. It's obvious that everyone loves you. It's a relief to know someone that's the same all the time. Stay focused on the future God will bring you through this a stronger women. We all love you!You are in our prayers.
Danielle,Chloe and Trell
Sounds like each day is a step forward. That is good!
wow! i am gone for a few days and heather has changed hospitals, got an eye patch and has that great smile back in place. the way your mother told it i was thinking i was going to see pictures of some drooling sick person, not some beauty queen in a hospital gown! i told heidi you were really in there for a boobjob and was using the eyepatch as a way to throw people off. i'll guess we'll have to wait and see who is right on that one.
i am sooo happy to see your smiling face. please know that we love you and can't wait to hear more about your progress.
jeron wrote that you were not quite up to speed so i am typing this slow so that you can keep up.
tell jessica that charlie has had another baby since she left. i think this last one is a boy so now they can stop trying.
i got to go now and work on some stuff at the restaurant. tell jeron that if he wants us to look after you for a while he can put you on a bus when they let you go and we'll nurse you back to health. you'll have to work at the resturant while you are recuperating so don't expect to have it too easy. i'll bet you'll make great tips with that eye patch though.
much love to you and yours!
kd and heidi
Hi Heather! First of all, I am so grateful for your blog and the constant updates. I read it every night. Your progress is promising and although it will be slow, the good news is that you are recovering and will someday be back to your old self. You're in good hands at the U. I have complete faith in the doctors and nurses there.
We spent some time with your boys yesterday. They are precious, as you would say. Honestly, they love you so much and are being so, so good! Speaking of love, your young women want you to know how much they love you and miss you. We are ready to help as soon as you get home. I don't think you will have any problems getting help... it will be a matter of having more help than you need.
Keep smiling and cracking jokes. I've told a couple people about you referring to yourself as "Sister Strokes". You're one funny lady! I love that you're still laughing through it all. Love you, Miss Heather. You are my hero! ~Shauna
So I am loving that cute patch over you eye! Do you think Dear Lizzie will start carrying those? And I love the picture with the boys! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!
P.S. Spencer was so cute on Sunday- I was conducting in Primary opening exercises and he stopped me in the middle of what I was saying (over the Primary pulpit) to say "I'm going to visit my mom today!" I told him "I'm so excited for you to see her!"
Lots of love from our family-
We tried to come see you Sunday, not realizing you had switched hospitals. Dana's dad was on the 3rd floor West wing of St. Mark's, but he just checked himself out today over his frustration. Maybe I'll tell him to go to the U. Anyway, my girls really love you and we appreciate all you have done for them. You are an amazing leader for the YW. We are all looking forward to your speedy recovery... even if it is slow and steady. - The Goff's - Erin, Dana, Taylor, Carly and Cooper
Hi, Heather! I am one of Alicia Cosper's and Ed's friends, Amy. I found your blog thru Krista Harbach's so I thought that I would have a look. I'm so sorry that you are in the hospital and having such problems. I will keep you and your family in my prayers for a quick recovery.
So good to hear all of the news about your source of pain! Glad there is progress being made toward your healing. Keep moving forward you all and everything will work out!
p.s.Jeron your blog is too nice! I couldn't even do one myself, so I am very impressed and grateful that I don't have to call all the time and feel like I am bugging you!
Its so good to hear your doing better and that they have been able to figure out what is causing so much of your pain- I think it is so wonderful that you are still laughing, joking around and staying positive through all this...you are amazing. I cant imagine all you and your family have been going through. You are still in our prayers, we felt a special spirit knowing Sunday that there were so many fasting for you and your family as well.
I wish there was something I could do to help...we will for sure bring in a meal sometime soon:) I hope Jeron will call us if there is anything he needs...even a run to the grocery store! Let us know! Hopefully you will make it home soon...love ya - Jake Steph and kids
Post a Comment