Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tuesday & Wednesday

I'm responsible for posting the last two days because Jeron's out of town and you will see that he is much more eloquent. I'm having a little trouble with my fine motor skills with my left hand so typing is difficult for me, so forgive me if I misspell. Tuesday was not a great day. My mom is here to take care of me for a few weeks. She woke me up Tuesday to find me with a terrible headache on the left side of my head. After a few medications and some sleep, the headache was gone...or at least seemed to be. I decided to go out with my mom (of course she has to chauffeur me around) and run some errands. After a shower and makeup, I could feel a migraine coming on. Medication can be a very good thing, but with some of these killer headaches, I have break-through pain. After more drugs and sleep, I woke up much better. I have found that I am having some trouble with my left eye so I'm dressing up like a pirate everywhere we go. So everyone who's visited me at home, has seen me with the eye patch. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful -- resting, eating, and fighting with children. I had a few visitors - some who brought food or goodies and others who just came to chat. I love the visitors and I love my friends and neighbors. I couldn't do it without you! Most of all, I feel the love and concern you have for me and it makes me feel so much a part of this neighborhood and Ward. Thank you for your kindness. I can't say thank you enough!!

Today is Wednesday and it has been a great day - probably the best so far! I've felt great. I have felt totally normal except for a couple of balance issues, which are actually a little humorous. Of course, it seems to be one good day, one bad day, and so on. We'll see how tomorrow goes. My medicine is wearing off and I still feel great. My mom and I took an exciting trip to American Fork to the Verizon store and to Costco. Most people would not find this so exciting, but I've been trapped in either the hospital or my house for a long time. I patiently (sort-of) waited with Austin and my mom in the Verizon store for close to an hour. Later we went to Costco, where I walked through the entire store with no problems, except for Austin throwing his occasional fits - thank goodness for my mom. The rest of the day went smoothly and I'm hoping to be pain-free tomorrow! I want to thank all of you for your prayers: I feel they are being answered by my quick recovery. I know I will still have some bad days, but I feel extremely blessed to be doing as well as I am. I have faith that I will completely healed.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Heather- I'm glad you had such a good day yesterday. Lets hope you get more good days between the bad ones. I want to come visit again. What treats would you like?

Stephanie said...

Yeah! We love you, Heather! Keep up the good work:)

Kim said...

Good to hear that the Costco trip went ok!! I have to admit I was a little nervous...I get tired just going through Costco on my own. It was good to see you. I need to visit...love you!