Heather had an echocardiogram today. It looks at the different chambers of her heart as well as her heart valves. We are anxious to hear what her doctors have to say about it when they visit us on their rounds tomorrow.
Jessica is returning to Georgia in the morning. We are so grateful to her and everyone who sacrificed their time to allow her to be here with us. It means a lot to Heather to have her sister with her in this difficult time. Heather's mother, Judith, will be flying in from Georgia on Sunday to help out for a few weeks. This will allow me to go back to work. I hate to leave Heather, but bills don't sleep, so I need to get back.
Some of today's highlights include Heather being able to walk a couple of laps around the unit without another irregular heart beat incident, and she was only feeling slightly nauseated after. Her doctor said that there is a small chance that she can come home tomorrow, but Thursday is looking more realistic. Either way, we'll be so happy to have her home!!!
Heather has been told that even small tasks will wipe her out for a while. Walking to the fridge may make her so tired that she needs an hour nap. She took a 2 & 1/2 hour nap today, and will need at least one long nap each day for the next month at least. We are happy to give her the rest she needs, and have been given so much help from friends and neighbors that this should be entirely possible.
Her vision seems to be 100% and the pain is well managed with pain medications. She is sleeping well at night, and is able to walk short distances. All of which are very good signs and point towards complete recovery. Heather will have to take things easy for at least 6 months and then return for another scan to see if the dissection in her vertebral artery has healed. When healed, the pain should subside and the risk for stroke should be minimal.
Fall Home Decorating Ideas for Cozy Spaces
11 months ago


2 comments:
Heather- I'm so glad you were able to walk around a little more today. I've been so worried since the previous post. I hope you will be able to go home soon. You know that there are a million people here that will help out in any way we can. You can take naps all day long if you need to. I haven't had a turn helping with your boys but I would love to. You just have too many awesome neighbors taking care of everything.
We are so relieved to hear about your recovery thus far. We have been praying for you everyday. Yesterday even Ellie and the babies prayed for Heather just because they have heard us praying for Heather and I'm not sure Ellie completely understands but it was precious nevertheless. We will pray for your continued recovery and for wisdom for your physicians to make a speedy and accurate diagnosis. I wish we were closer and could do more.
Love,
The Heiners
Post a Comment