Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday



The top picture was taken today as Heather worked with her physical therapist. The bottom picture was Monday when the Nibleys came to the hospital to visit.

Heather slept very well last night. She was so glad not to have nurses coming in every few hours to wake her up. She talked in her sleep a lot, but it didn't seem to bother her. Her head hurts a little bit, as she's not as aggressively managed with pain medications, but she tolerates it well.

Today Heather spent some time with a few of her friends. They were kind enough to spend the morning and afternoon with Heather so that I could run and get a few things done. They watched movies, chatted and laughed. Heather even got a little nap in while her friend, Julie mopped the kitchen floor. Thank you, Julie!!!!

A physical therapist came to the house today to work with Heather. He was extremely impressed with her ability to balance and walk with coordination. She was able to climb the stairs and descend with relative ease. The most difficult task to complete was walking backwards. She was pretty tired after working with him for about 45 minutes, but she didn't have more than a mild headache and was quite pleased with her skills:) Heather is napping right now trying to recover from the hard work. He said that her youth is helping her brain to regain function very quickly. We attribute much of this progress to the prayers and faith of those who love us.

Heather wanted me to thank all who have so graciously volunteered their time and those who have been so thoughtful to send baskets, flowers, food, etc. It is so gratifying to know that so many care and are willing to sacrifice to ease our burdens.

The boys are thrilled to have Heather home. That doesn't mean that they instantly became the snuggly bugs Heather would like them to be though. She may get 30 seconds here and there, but to expect more would be unrealistic.

Thank you for all of the comments. Heather cannot wait for me to read them to her each night.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
We are both shocked to learn of your illness and thrilled to read how quickly you are recovering. You have such a beautiful family...it has obviously been quite awhile since I've seen your children! They are such handsome boys.
Please know that you will be in our prayers. We will be keeping up with your progress on this blog. (Isn't technology wonderful??)
Love to you and your family,
Tim and Beth Thrift

Summer said...

So glad you are home! We continue to pray for you, faith and praryyer bring miracles to past. We know through our little Mason. We hope for a quick and miraculous recovery.

With much love, Summer and Mark & kids

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I can't believe how great you are doing. It is such a relief to see you standing on the stairs. I know you are thrilled to be recovering at home. Take advantage of everyone waiting on you hand and foot you may not get the chance again. Don't over do it. Your recovery is truely a miracle. Keep it up.
Love you girlie,
Danielle

Julie said...

I had a blast hanging out with you today. You are so funny! I will come anytime you need someone to be there with you - it was pure entertainment! Love you Heather!

annebabe said...

look at you, descending the stairs like miss america!! i should ship joe up to your house because he is one snuggly bunny. he LOVES to be held and cuddled. and i can't believe how well you are doing with your physical therapy, that's awesome. we are fasting for you this sunday. we love you so much and are so grateful for the time and effort jeron puts into this blog. its amazing. thank you!

HERMY said...

Where's the eye patch? I thought that you were starting a new trend there! We are so glad that you are progressing and at home. I can't believe how long your recovery looks to be. It is sure going to be a lesson in patience for you. Oh, I wish that I could be there to help somehow. Maybe I will be able to come and help somehow in the future, or maybe Jeron should send you to Vegas to rehab! Well, we will keep you in our prayers and I can't wait to talk to you soon!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Hi! This is Molly Corbett Crawford from Waycross. I was so shocked to hear about your stroke. I read it from one of Jessica's remarks on Facebook. I am so happy that you are home and doing better. I will definitely be praying for you and your family. Your boys are absolutley beautiful! I have two boys, also (Jacob 4 and Eli 2), so I know what a joy it is to be a mom of two boys. I will be checking back often and hoping your recovery goes very well. Love, Molly Crawford

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are back home. It seems like it has been so long since you left. I know how much it means to you to be by your sisters side. Laying in your own bed must be nice again, especially with me nestled up next to you....this is Jess' myspace page isn't it?
Love
Charlie

Unknown said...

Dear Heather,
I am delighted to read about your speedy recovery. The hardest part is ahead of you, though--rest! I have very mixed feelings about that word. On the one hand, nothing is so sweet as taking a little nap. On the other, nothing is so annoying as HAVING to take a nap! In the South, you would get to have a (hushed tones) "rest cure" involving a lot of chocolate and trashy novels. I hope you are being the complete Southern Belle. Be sure someone can run about putting cool cloths on your forehead!
Love,
Vivian