Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday

I am happy to be home after a four day trip to California. Just as Heather mentioned, she has really good days and some not so good days. There is really no predictor of what her condition will be day-to-day, but we are pleased that there seems to be more good than bad lately.

Today was a good day. Heather said that it was without incident, and that all she had to deal with was fear and trepidation from her mom's driving. Judith has been a great help and support to Heather for the last week. I can see that she's a little tired and will try to let her rest extra tomorrow morning.

Heather said that she was able to make it today minus one of her long acting pain relievers. This is a great sign. Her balance improves each day. She has been taking time for naps and listening to her body, which is wise.

She plans on attending the boy's sporting events on Saturday. We'll see how much this wears her out. I'm a little concerned, but she doesn't seem to be at all.

It was great to be able to read what Heather has posted on the site. It is a great reminder to all of us that we still have "our Heather" with us. What a blessing it is!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Precious.

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I think about you all the time. You continue to be in my prayers. I wish I were closer so I could see you. I love you. Keep it up you are doing great!
Love,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I am sorry that I have not called or commented on your blog. I have been keeping up with you and I love reading your blog and seeing how you are doing. I guess for the longest time I didn't know what to say other than "I'm praying for you and wishing you well." I'm too far away to stop by for a visit or bring by some baked goods :) though if I was closer I would. It sounds like you have some really wonderful friends and people who care about you. You are very blessed.

I was out of the loop for about a week due to my Dad having open heart surgery. He is doing much better and was released from the hospital on Thursday. When I got back to check your blog I found that you had made it home and were doing better. I was so happy to hear that. I can only imagine how wonderful it was to sleep in your own bed. Please tell your Mom I said hello. I am still praying for you.

Love, Heather Lee Plaisted

kelly said...

WOW! It is amazing what you guys have been through. I can't stand it that we are so far away and unable to come and visit and see how you are doing. I do love the fact that we are able to read this blog and know how things are progressing and that everything is turning out for the best. When I heard that this had happened to you I just could not comprehend how it could happen to someone so young and healthy. We are praying that you are receiving explainations and treatments that will make it so this will NEVER happen again. You guys are so special to us and Heather it is so nice that you have a husband/family/friends that love you so much and can take care of you. Please know that we love you all the way over here in new Hampshire and are thinking about you and praying for you to have a quick recovery and NO MORE PAIN. Kevin wants you to know that you are one tough cookie and that he knows how strong of a woman you are and you will not let anything get you down. Thanks for being such an example of strength and delightfulness to all even though you have to endure everything that you have. I am so grateful for the knowledge we have to turn to God and ask for his help and be able to have the strong faith that He will be there to help us through any trial. We love you so much! Jeron, you are awesome to keep your family going strong. Love, The Olsen's (your favorite cousins)