Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday/Sunday

Pictured: Heather is still able to talk with her hands and be animated.


Sorry about missing a day. I never knew how much everyone liked the blog until I missed a day! I even had a few people call to be sure that everything was okay, because they didn't see a new entry. Heather is doing very well. We were just very busy with football games and a soccer game.

Saturday morning we got up early and got Spencer ready for a football game and Austin for a soccer game. Spencer's team won 28-0 and Austin kicked his first goal of the season! Heather had to stay at home and rest, which made her sad.

Heather was able to go to Cristina's house to visit late Saturday morning. It was fun for her to get out of the house. She loved being able to see Cristina's "precious" little children (Isaac 2, Alex 3). They climbed all over her and she loved every minute of it. Cristina fed her lunch and pampered Heather with her pretty new pillows that she made.

I returned home from the games with some Coldstone ice cream (Heather's favorite food). When Heather returned home from Cristina's my cousin and his family were here, so we visited for a while. I tried to get Heather to rest, but knowing people were visiting without her was too much to handle, so she joined us for some additional conversation.

Overall, Saturday was a good day for Heather. It was the best that she has been able to get around the house since she returned, and it almost felt like she was back to normal. Her pain was managed well with medication, but her eye bothered her a little.

Today (Sunday) was a little more challenging for Heather. It is interesting to see how each day varies. She slept off and on until 2 p.m. Her eye has really ached today. She has worn the eye patch most of the day, which provides a little relief from the pain. Heather tried very hard today not to take her pain medication, but was in quite a bit of pain by about 5 o'clock tonight. She is enjoying time with her mother, Judith, who arrived tonight. The boys are thrilled to have their grandmother here.

I leave for Los Angeles tomorrow for a work meeting, and will return on Thursday. I will update the blog each evening, but it may be somewhat late for the East coasters out there. We have enjoyed some wonderful meals from members of our church this week, and the boys are having the time of their lives playing with neighbors so much.

No comments: