Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday













Austin's first day of Kindergarten, and two days prior to Heather's stroke. She did a great job of staying active despite all of the pain she was experiencing.

Heather had a very active day on Thursday. She was able to spend quite a bit of time talking with friends and even did some physical therapy. By about 6 p.m., she wasn't feeling well at all. Her head and neck were throbbing and not responding to pain medication. She attempted to lie down and rest, but found the pain too much. After throwing up and having her head rubbed for a couple of hours, she was able to get to sleep. She slept through the night and woke up feeling a little better. It was a good reminder to us that she needs to take things slowly.

Today we had a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning, and then I brought Heather home and had her take a nap. She slept for over 4 hours! It was a much needed rest and she seems to be rejuvenated this evening. She has been on the phone quite a bit, which tells me she's feeling herself again.

We continue to receive dinners from members of our church and Heather received a beautiful basket yesterday from members of my family full of goodies that she is quite enjoying. Heather reminds me often to thank everyone for all of the kindness displayed throughout this.

Heather loves to have visitors. All who know her know how social she is, so please don't stay away too long. She will wilt like a flower if she is without conversation for too long. The best time to visit is probably the evenings after 5 p.m. She will be taking naps in the afternoon, so that she can be ready for fun in the evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought that playing video games could cause seizures, that microwaving a plastic bowl would be linked to cancer, and that gossiping about all of the girls in your ward would cause arterial dissections and blod clots. We continue to pray for your FULL recovery.
We love you Aunt Heather,
Kendall, Bailey, Lauren, Whitney, and Hannah

Thomas said...

Heather, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Your favorite convert,

Thomas A. Simpson

Emily said...

Hey Heather! So good to see you up and about. I am glad you are feeling somewhat better and I now feel good about "popping in" to pay you a visit.:o) I will call you in the next day or so and bring you a treat! Hang in there!! Emily Evans
P.S. I love the picture of you and Stephanie on her blog...especially the one where Dave touched you up with some make-up:o) It made me laugh out loud!

Kaylyn said...

Jeron and Heather,
I loved this picture. Poor little Austin looked kind of lost and sad! I hope that he is enjoying kindergarten!
Heather take it easy!!!!! Baby steps. We dont want to see you ending back in the hospital!
I love you guys! Take care.
Kaylyn