Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Sunday




Today is Sunday and we are watching the LDS General Conference on TV. Our boys have these little fun packets to keep them quiet. There is a picture of a CTR (choose the right) shield to color inside this packet. My boys colored them and decided to make rings out of them. So they carefully cut a little piece of paper to make a band and stapled them together.
I am happy to report that I have no head or neck ache and feel pretty normal today. Last night I was reading a stroke pamphlet that the hospital sent home with me and it scared me to death. I'm so blessed to be where I am and have no real issues that I can't live with. So many people have lasting damage - lost use of a limb, paralysis, etc. It says dead brain cells cannot be regenerated. I'm trying to figure out what major lesson I need to learn from this experience and I think I'm slowly learning that we cannot take our time here for granted and be caught up in things that don't matter. Technically, I know that, but it's still easy to be not so nice to our children in order to get the things done in the day that don't really matter. Hopefully, this experience can help me better my life.
Thursday night, my friend Cristina, threw a suprise party for her mom's 51st birthday. The picture I've attached is me and my dear friend, Cristina.

No comments: