Pictured: Spencer left; Heather center; Austin rightThe transfer was accepted by the University of Utah, and we made the move about 7:45 this evening. Heather went by ambulance, and Jessica and I followed in cars full of flowers and bags of "stuff". It's amazing how many things accumulate after only a couple of days. The nurses at St. Marks were very sad to see Heather go. She was their favorite patient. They said that they'll miss all of the laughs and treats that Heather shared with them. We are so appreciative of how kind they were and will miss them.
We are thrilled to be in the stroke floor of the University hospital. Patients are flown from many surrounding states to receive care at this top notch facility. We have not yet seen a doctor, but are very impressed with the professionalism and competence of the staff so far.
Heather is on the 5th floor, Neuro Acute Unit, room #25 of University of Utah hospital. The room is extremely impressive. I think Heather will be very comfortable here. We have expressed our desire to have more tests run and follow-up regarding the pain that Heather is feeling.
They boys were able to see Heather today. They miss their mommy very much. They did special projects to cheer her up, which was very sweet.
The members of our ward (church) are holding a special fast for Heather tomorrow. It is touching to have so many willing to sacrifice to ask for special blessings from heaven.


3 comments:
Hi Y'all,
Thanks Jeron for making this blog, it's so great to get such frequent updates! Heather, I'm so happy things are improving and pray these new doctors will provide the answers and pain relief you need. Love the patch, the boys are so darling and BIG! Be well! xoxo Julie
Just found your blog through the Dicksons and Nibleys. Just wanted to say that we'll be fasting and praying for Heather. I will never forget how sweet she was in welcoming me and my family into the ward. We were so sad to leave Utah. Thanks Heather for being such an amazing person. You will be in our thoughts.
Mike and Melody Proudfit... and Jaidyn, Isaac, Kallie, and Dagen
After watching you text with one eye, I decided I wouldn't bother you today. So I have been checking your blog throughout the day for an update. I'm so glad you were able to transfer to a better hospital for the care you need. I really hope they get this all figured out soon. We'll be praying and fasting for you! Everyone I talk to asks how you are and if you need anything. I'll call you tomorrow- I think theres a carload of young women that would like to come visit when you're up for it.
Post a Comment