Sorry that this post is late today. I have been running around with the kids today. I have much more appreciation for what Heather did each and every day. This is exhausting! Spencer had a football game this morning, so I left the hospital early to get him geared up and fed. His team won 29-6 and he had some pretty good tackles. We're proud of him.
Heather slept very well last night. Her pain was well controlled with her usual medications, and she only awoke when the nurses came in to check her blood pressure and draw blood. There was one exception, however. I decided to be extra helpful last night and refilled her ice pack that she rests her sore neck on. Apparently, I didn't seal the pack, and it leaked all over her bed and gown. She woke up about 3 p.m. soaking wet. I told the nurses to keep me from being so "helpful" next time.
This afternoon the Physical Therapist stopped by and began working with Heather. She was only able to tolerate the therapy for a few minutes before her head began pounding and her blood pressure spiked. It was encouraging to be able to start therapy, but she was pretty upset that her body wasn't ready to cooperate yet.
Her vision is better now. She occasionally puts the eye patch on to rest a tired eye, but there is no double vision. The neck pain has not subsided. This makes it 2 weeks and 1 day that the neck pain has persisted. We are quite concerned about the lack of answers regarding this symptom. Because of this, I asked the staff at St. Marks to begin the process of transferring Heather to the University of Utah hospital. We believe that there are more resources and opinions there, and are prayerful that she will receive even better care there. I'd like to see them more proactively run tests and do more complete workups. We are not sure when the transfer will happen or even whether the U has an open bed, but they're working on it.
I will be sure to post more as soon as I get more information. Thank you for all of the help with the boys!
Fall Home Decorating Ideas for Cozy Spaces
11 months ago


3 comments:
Daniel just told me what has happened. I am so sorry to hear all that you are going through!!!! Please know you and your family are in my prayers. I love you!!! Love, Kimberly
Glad to hear things are improving! We will still keep you all in our prayers...
sorry that was Stephanie Taylor...not heidi (shes my sister and must have been signed in:) sorry
Post a Comment