Pictured: Heather left, Cristina right.
A few notes from Thursday. Heather received lots and lots of flowers, wonderful notes, text messages, calls, and some visits. She is extremely touched by the love she feels from everyone.
Her friend, Cristina brought her a custom eye patch this morning with beautiful ribbon tied around the eye cover and a little jewel. Heather loved it and even posed as a pirate for a couple of pictures. We'll post those soon:)
Heather's sister, Jessica arrived today from Georgia. She been with Heather throughout most of the day and will spend the night at the hospital tonight (I'm very grateful. It is hard to get rest with nurses coming in and out of the room all night, so I'm worn out from last night.)
Our extended families had a special day of fasting and prayer in Heather's behalf today. Many others have expressed that Heather is in their prayers also. We have faith that these prayers are recognized and blessings are pouring down from Heaven.
The pain was managed better today with a heavy narcotic and muscle relaxer. The new medication she was given tonight for nerve related pain seemed to help a little. She was pain free for about 3 hours, which is a welcome change.
I came home to be with the boys tonight. Spencer (8) was very emotional tonight. He misses his mommy and is very concerned about her well-being. Austin (5) is having the time of his life playing with a neighborhood friend, Will (5). They are both in Kindergarten and are loving having a playmate with the exact same schedule! Austin begged me to have his first ever sleepover tonight, and I couldn't say no to those blue eyes. He's not able to grasp what is going on with his mom right now. We're grateful to the Christiansens, Nelson's, and Nibley's for taking care of the boys so much.
We're praying for more progress and less pain tonight.


2 comments:
Jeron,
I am happy to hear that things are looking a little better this morning. I am glad to hear that Jessica made it and that she is with Heather.
You hang in there little brother. Your family is in our prayers and our thoughts continually.
I love you!
Kaylyn
Jeron,
Thanks for writing on the blog...it really helps to hear how Heather is doing on a daily basis!! I am praying for you all and am so thankful that she is doing okay. I am glad too that you encouraged her to keep searching for help with her pain...hope this gets to the source!!
Love,
Lori
P.S. I'll be in touch!!
Post a Comment