Saturday, March 21, 2009

Draper Temple


My boys and I were able to walk through the Draper temple open house. My neighbor called with a sick kid the last week of the open house and offered us their tickets. My boys were pulled from school, which they were excited about, and we spent the early part of the morning walking through the temple. We were told, unless it was necessary to talk, to whisper in the temple. I was trying to whisper to the boys what some of the rooms were used for, since it was not a guided tour, and Spencer was very upset by this. He continuously scolded me for trying to whisper to him. I had to keep Austin from a major freak out in one of the rooms, but other than that, my boys enjoyed being able to go inside the temple.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I am glad you got to go with your boys! My girls had a very hard time being quiet when we went through the Rexburg temple. I think it is a neat experience for them.

Kaylyn said...

I am so glad you put this on here. We were driving to your house this weekend and I asked Ashley if there was a Draper Temple. We honestly didnt know! Thats bad, huh? I am so happy to see it and to hear that you were able to bring your boys through it.